An Ideal Size?!

I'm 5'4" and weigh 168lbs. I've always been small, currently an A (maybe a small B) and I wanted to go to a full B/small C. However, my surgeon mentioned that because of my weight, I will probably end up being a full C/small D. He said that if I went smaller it wouldn't like right on me. This seems extremely big to me. He recommended Mentor moderate saline, 400cc, overfilled to , I believe, 460cc. What are your thoughts?

The ideal size and prediciting bra cup from a given implant volume

+2

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast Augmentation and size

+1

Choosing the correct size breast implant can be difficult for some patients. I schedule a sizing appointment with my breast augmentation patients. During this appointment, the patient will try on different size breast implant sizers to give an idea of the completed look. We also discuss shape and how it relates to size. Height, weight, and personality all play a role when choosing a size. Trust in your Board certified Plastic Surgeon to assist you with this process.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Best size

+1

The best size for you is one that you would be happy with and is proportionate to your body size. This is discussed in consultation and if you want to test out what your surgeon recommended, then do the baggy test. Go smaller then if you prefer.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.