What is the Ideal Preparation Before a MACS Face Lift and Breast Augmentation?

My MACS face lift and breast augmentation procedures are now only 7 weeks away. What is the ideal preparation leading up to the surgery?

Preoperative Preparation before Breast Augmentation and Facelift

+2

The best way to prepare your body for surgery is to take care of yourself.   Eat a well balanced diet, exercise regularly, and rest well.  I recommend a vitamin recovery system, such as vitamedica, to optimize your wound healing potential.   Also, refrain from any herbal supplements, first or second hand cigarette smoke, heavy alcohol intake, aspirin, or anti-inflammatory medications.

This should all be thoroughly discussed by your plastic surgeon and staff during your preoperative visit.  I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Prep for surgery

+2

The key is to avoid any medications that can cause bleeding and avoid herbal medications.  Other than that you should ask your doctor for his preferences.

Breast Augmentation Pre-Operative

+1

Every surgeon will have a list of pre-operative instructions. You should consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss his/her pre-operative instructions. be sure to follow all pre-operative and post -operative instructions in order to heal as expected.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon