What's the Ideal Female Weight Range for Liposuction?

Female - 250 pounds, 5 feet&10 Inches. I've been dealing with weight issues since grade school. I am now 26 and I think I am finally winning. I still have some problem areas that I CANNOT get rid of. My belly and underarm fun-bags are still being mean to me, no matter how much I lose. I am currently in the 250 range and constantly losing. What's the ideal female weight range for liposuction to hit target areas? Is weight a factor? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Liposuction still helps no matter what a patients size is.

+2

Liposuction is a great motivator to diet and exercise when you see the improvements to the areas size-wise.  Everybody needs help and this is a fairly easy, low risk procedure when done under local tumescent anesthesia. Get started now and see the new you.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chances are you'll need more than liposuction

+2

Many times when someone is signifigantly overweight, even after weight loss, there is an issue with loose skin that if not dealt with will give sub optimal results with liposuction alone.  I have had many gratified overweight patients who underwent abdominoplasty coupled with some liposuction and then a later brachioplasty or removal of arm fat and skin.  Check with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to see what would be right for you.  If you are going to loose more weight you should probably do that first.

Good Luck and Congratulation on the weight you have lost,

Dr T

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Female Weight Range for Liposuction

+2

The true medical/scientific answer is the height/ weight measurement protocols. So at 5 feet 10 inches your "ideal" weight is in the range for a female around 160 to 170. BUT we  live in a real world. At 220 pounds you can have the first step in a multiple in office liposuction package. Each office surgery in Florida allows the removal of 4 liters of fat. So my guess is you would need 2 operations around 3 months apart. You did not post photos, so very hard to advise. Another alternative is in hospital large volume liposuction, much more costly and risky.

Finally start a strict weight loss regime like the HCG injections. Best of luck. The "real" Dr Darryl J. Blinski in MIAMI, Fl office # 305 598 0091. 

There is no ideal weight for liposuction.

+2

Hi.

It is not true that you have to be thin to benefit from liposuction. If you are overweight, you will be still be overweight afterwards, but your bulges will be gone.

Ideal weight for liposuction

+1

IF you are realistic and desire liposuction on these areas only, then you can have them at any time as long as you have realistic results without weight loss in mind. However, if you are continuing to lose weight, I would recommend continuing on that path until you have achieved a stable weight (hopefully for six months or so). By the way, the textbooks would say your ideal weight would be around  150 lbs (plus or minus 10-15%) and I am guessing that sounds unrealistic (that's everyone's response).

Liposuction on overweight patients.

+1

While you are on the large end of the spectrum you still may be a candidate for liposuction. The use of liposuction is still to improve body contour and this is still possible in an overweight patient.

Getting do to a more ideal weight would help but in your case it sounds like you would need a series of operations to get the most benefit from body contouring procedures and some would need to be excisional techniques combined with liposuction.

Without pictures it is difficult to say for sure, you need to have a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

What is the ideal patient for liposuction?

+1
There are many of "ide al patients" for liposuction. Usually it is a person with ideal body weight and a defined area that has excess fat. We certainly still consider other types of patients good candidates. Overweight patients should continue with diet and exercise until they hit a plateau. Gastric bypass should be considered for individuals that are more than 100 pounds overweight.
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and ideal weight

+1

Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or general weight loss.  The best thing to do is get down to or close to ideal weight and then have liposuction to treat areas that do not seem to improve with weightloss.

Lipo for shaping not weight loss

+1
You ask a very good question because liposuction on overweight patients is riskier and less likely to produce good long term results. We use the body mass index (BMI) which should be less than 30.

Ideal weight for liposuction

+1

Liposuction delivers excellent results for patients at or near an ideal body weight assuming that the skin elasticity is adequate. I would not perform such an elective procedure on a patient with a body mass index of 36 (obese). If you are able to reduce your weight to closer to 200 pounds or less an abdominoplasty with liposuction will likely be a better approach.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon