Would I Be an Ideal Candidate for a Chin Implant and Cheek Implant? (photo)

I am looking to make my face more symmetrical. I understand a chin implant is generally less expensive than a jaw implant, and I once had a decent jawline but put on a little weight that kinda diminished it. DO I have a recessive chin? if so would i be an ideal candidate for chin implant? Also, always wanted higher cheekbones- but again cost is somewhat of an issue(i must stick to a budget) and was considered injectables like radiesse? What do you think would be ideal? Please let me know,thanks!

Jaw Augmentation vs. Chin implant

+2

Hi,

Honestly from the photos you posted, you are more a candidate for a jaw augmentation. Jaw implants would square out your face and give you stronger look. Im not sure a chin implant would do the same. Although jaw implants run about 7K.

Dr.S.

Would I Be an Ideal Candidate for a Chin Implant and Cheek Implant?

+2

Neither of these views are ideal for aesthetic evaluation of the cheeks and chin areas.  A straight profile with the chin at a 90 degree angle (your chin is sucked in on this photo) will show the true level of existing chin....although yours does appear recessed due to the lack of mento-labial groove.

For evaluation, of the cheeks, a front view (this one is OK) along with a 3/4's view which is half way between a profile and front view will highlight the cheek area.  From the front view these appears to be excess fatty tissue along the nasolabial fold which makes the face appear more round and not angular which is the desired male shape.  

Chin Implant would be the best way to augment a recessed chin, placed through an incision under the chin...never from inside of the mouth IMHO.  The cheeks can be augmented with a temporary filler (never fat or a permanent filler as both have problems IMO)..I prefer Perlane as it has less swelling than Radiesse.  This would be combined with micro-liposuction of the nasolabial fold to further shape the cheek area.  Permanent cheek augmentation could be achieved with cheek implants.  Hope this helps.

Chin and Cheek implant candidate

+1

Cheek implants are best used for patients who have very flat and hypoplastic cheeks.  They can also be used for people who have fat atrophy.  The cheek implants are inserted through an intraoral incision just above the upper teeth, under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgery.  A chin implant is placed through an incision underneath the chin and placed directly over the bone.  These come in different sizes.  The chin implant is used for retrusion of the mandible.  A chin implant as a standalone procedure can be done under local anesthesia.  Both chin and cheek implants are composed of silastic and are a permanent solution, while injectables are temporary and must be repeated over and over again.

Chin,cheek and jaw implants

+1

You will benefit from chin implant. Your jaw is of sufficient prominence that further enlargement is not necessary. Can do cheek filler for several years until you have less volume in that area, then consider a more permanent solution i.e. cheek implants. Good luck.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and Chin Implants

+1

Yes, it appears that you may be a good candidate for cheek and chin implants.  You may also want to consider sub0mental (neck) liposuction to define your jaw line.  Other options also include fillers, such as Radiesse, to enhance your cheeks and chin.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Cheek implants correct flat cheeks.

+1

Cheek implants correct flat cheeks and your cheeks are not prominent. So yes, you would benefit from cheek implants. I would need to see a profile view to determine if you would need a chin implant as well.