Would I Be an Ideal Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal Along with Cheek Implants?

I am planning rhinoplasty to slim my nose. I find I have too much of a baby face and would like to slim it down, especially my cheeks to achieve a defined cheekbone area. I was considering facial lipo but I hear it has little effect and that buccal fat removal is better. I am wondering if I am an ideal candidate as some doctors have said not everyone is.

Buccal Fat Pad Removal and Cheek Implants

+1

Whatever you decide to do, I would avoid buccal fat pad removal.  Your photograph does not give me enough information to suggest cheek implants, given that your malar projection seems adequate.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal Fat Pad Excision and Cheek Implants

+1

i would recommend doing one or the other.  By augmenting your cheeks and reducing your lower face volume, you may being over-exagerating your facial features which would make you look abnormal or plastic.  Take it step by step to make sure you achieve a natural result.  

David Shafer, MD

Cheek Enhancement with Silicone Implants or Buccal Fat Reduction

+1

Hi 7220anon in Canada,

Both silicone cheek implants and buccal fat reduction help enhance the cheeks, but generally for different goals. While cheek implants augment the cheeks or midface directly, buccal fat reduction reduces facial volume below the cheekbones which results in more visible cheeks. Both may be performed in the same setting for specific patients.

Buccal fat reduction is performed via small incisions inside the mouth, and a small amount of fat is removed from the mid facial area. Generally, buccal fat reduction is more appropriate for those with very full or cherub faces. Patients may complain of having a baby face or looking too young for their age. As noted, some plastic surgeons may avoid buccal fat reduction, since the face naturally looses fat with aging. You may be a candidate, but only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants and Buccal Fat Removal

+1

Cheek implants and buccal fat removal can both be done during the same operation. However I don't recommend buccal fat removal because we normally lose facial fat with aging, which can ultimately result in very hallow cheeks.