Idea of What a Tummy Tuck Result Would Be?

My stomach is seems way to big for the rest of my body, so i am looking at getting a tummy tuck with lipo of the hips and flanks. But how flat can my stomach get if even flat or concave? When i lay flat on my back my stomach sinks in considerably even with the fat on top of the muscle minus under my belly button but this is all fat i can grab in my hands. So is it possible that my stomach would look like when i am laying down? Or is that wanting to much out of a tummy tuck? Thanks In advance.

Idea of tummy tuck result

+3

The idea of what a tummy tuck result would be based on your case sounds like it will work out really well if done properly with liposuction of the flanks and correct amount of skin removed.

If your body mass index is 30 or less, then you are a good candidate for tummy tuck as you will get a pretty flat abdomen.

I hope this helps you

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

You should anticipate a wonderful flattening of your abdomen.

+2

Based on your description, the concerns voiced by the other posters that you might have too much fullness inside to see a good flattening shouldn't apply.  Although I would need to examine you myself to tell for sure, your report would indicated a fabulous chance at a very nice outcome.

My website has photos of my work that you can view and you'd be able to have me look you over anytime.  Just contact my office if you'd like me to give you more detailed ideas of what to expect.

Best of luck.

Brian Brzowski, MD

Brzowski Plastic Surgery

Ogden, UT

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Photographs would be a great place to start but as a general rule if you have hanging skin and fat with a bulging upper abdomen you will be helped with a tummy tuck

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

What is expectation for tummy tuck result

+1

Of course it is impossible to predict what you will look like without a photo, but i think you have a reasonable expectation when you are looking to have a stomach that is similar in appearance to what you look like lying down.

Sacha Obaid, MD

What to expect with tummy tuck

+1

Sorry to sound like a broken record.  Your description isn't helpful to me, and really, the best way for you to really know is through an exam.  The doctor can demonstrated for you the effects of tightening of the tissues, and what the aesthetic will be.  He will also be able to tell if you have other issues like a hernia, or other issues to address before the procedure.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Tummy tuck good idea?

+1

It is impossible to give you specific info without seeing photos. In general, however, tummy tuck patients have a very high satisfaction rate. The result you get depends in large part on your build before the procedure. If you are overweight, you may not get a really flat abdomen even though the result will still be a great improvement.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Expected tummy tuck results

+1

Without photographs, it is hard o ascertain the extent of expected results. Thus, it is important to have at least one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. However, if your stomach is flat when you lay down, it is highly likely that you should gain significant improvement with a flat contour afterwards. 

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

See a plastic surgeon to set expectations for a tummy tuck

+1

From your description it does sound like most of your excess fat is external, which would translate to a nice flat abdomen with a tummy tuck, but there is really no way anyone can give you specific guidance about expectations without seeing you personally.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy tuck expectations

+1

The flattening of the abdomen after a tummy tuck will depend on the amount of fat you have within the abdomen (around the intestines and organs) and the technique used to tighten the fascia (covering of the muscle).  This would need a consultation and examination to try to determine what may be accomplished.  You should consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) to address your concerns, goals and what can be reasonably achieved.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your question can best be answered in the setting of a consultation with a plastic surgeon. It would be difficult to answer with photos alone, and impossible to answer without. Some idea of height and weight would be helpful. 

For some patients, they will get the abdominal flattening that resembles the appearance when they lie down. For many heavier patients that is not possible. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.