Ice Pick Scar? (photo)

I gave myself an ice pick scar a few years ago and am looking for a real and hopeful procedure to go about correcting it. I feel it's deeper than others that I've seen searching... 

Treatment of an ice pick scar

+2
A punch excision would be a great option for a solitary ice pick scar. Any board-certified dermatologist should be able to provide this for you. Good luck!

Ice Pick Scar Respond Well to Excision

+2
Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos. The scar is very small and isolated on otherwise nice skin. Isolated scars like this usually respond well to excision and closure. The resulting scar is usually less visible than the depressed ice pick scar.  Good luck!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Ice pick scars

+2

You took a great picture of a classic ice pick scar where the damage goes deep into the skin.  Laser treatments, peels or dermabrasion really are of no benefit for ice pick scars.  You need to surgically excised the pit, suture the skin closed in order to remove the pit.  This of course will also leave a small linear scar as it heals. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Solutions for ice pick scar

+1

Ice pick scars can be difficult to improve, but the only method that I would recommend would be to do it surgically.  Either the scar can be surgically excised or it can be done with a punch graft.  Deep ice pick scars normally will not significantly improve with dermabrasion or laser treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon