Can an Ice Pack Applied 72 Hours After a Tip Revision Rhinoplasty Alter the Cartilage?

Hello. I had my cast removed 72 hours after a tip revision. i applied a small bag of frozen corn to my nose at the intersection of where the bone is and where the cartilage is. There is now an indentation from where the ice pack was resting!!!! Could I have permanently damaged/altered my nose?

Dent after ice pack

+1

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Problems with Post-Op Ice Pack

+1

It is very unlikely the ice pack caused a permanent  indentation.Temporarily, there may be less swelling at that spot because of the ice application. If a long-term post-op change is present , this is more likely secondary to a problem with the surgical repair.

Creating a nasal deformity after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

Depending on the stability of the repair, it is possible to cause a permanent deformity by displacing surgically repaired tissues or grafts in the early post-operative peirod.