Should I Ice my "Duck Lips" 9 Days After Fat Injection?

Very Unhappy with New Look!

No ice to decrease swelling after Fat injections

+1

Swelling will have to take its normal course. No ice would be recommended especially early when blood flow is being established.

Ice for "Duck Lips" 9 Days after Fat Injections

+1

Although it may be comforting, ice will do nothing to decrease "duck lips" 9 days after fat injections. If your surgeon agrees gentle massage and a short coarse of steroids may help

Ice after fat injections

+1

No, applying ice 9 days after is not going to help swelling at this point.  Time, elevation is all that is needed for the swelling to go down.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

No need to ice

+1

No need to ice at this point.  You still have some inflammation due to the procedure which will cause the swelling.  Just give it some time to resolve.

Iced duck?

+1

Swelling from inflammation usually peaks in the first 24-72 hours.  Because of this, the ice is unlikely to be of particular benefit beyond this period.  Eating a low-salt diet and keeping your head elevated may help to hasten your recovery.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://drpero.com/aesthetic-procedures/fat-injections-lipotransfer/

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon