Is Ice Good for the Swelling of the Scar from Otoplasty?

I had ear otoplasty 5 weeks ago, the top part of my scar is reddish and really raised and the bottom of the scars(closer to the lobe) are white and very little raised but noticeable when I have my hair up. I heard it was good to ice the new scar after surgery. Is it good to ice it? Will it make it go down? What else can I do for my raised scars?

There are a few options scar swelling after otoplasty...

+1

If it has already been 5 weeks the procedure, ice will no longer bring down the swelling.  You should massage the area with vitamin E to soften the scar tissue.  There are a few other options to bring down the raised scar such as steroid injections or application of silicone sheeting.  To determine your best solution, I would make an appointment with your surgeon immediately to discuss which treatment is best for you.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar after otoplasty

+1

judging from your multiple previous posts, I would highly recommend that you return to your original surgeon even if they are located at a distance or at least contact them by phone. You may require surgery or steroid injections.