I Have an ICD Device, Can I Still Have Ultherapy?

I have a Pacemaker/Defibrillator, can I still have Ultherapy?

Ultherapy is OK with pacemakers - lasers are Ok with pacemakers - RF devices not safe with pacemakers

RF devices use radiofrequency energy and can/will interfere with pacemaker and defibrillator activity. Ultherapy is safe with pacemakers and defibrillators. Lasers are safe with pacemaker and defibrillators. 

Ulthera and Pacemakers

Yes, you are a candidate for Ulthera because it uses Ultrasound and does not have any effects on pacemakers. Thermage (radio-frequency) is contraindicated, however.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Ultherapy can be used in a pateint that has a pacemaker / defibrillator

I have double checked with the science division of Ulthera, and as ultrasound energy, not radiofrequency or electricity is being used, Ultherapy is safe in those patients who have a pacemaker / defibrillator, provided that the treatment is not applied directly to the device.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon