Ibuprofen Intake Post Plastic Surgery Procedure?

I just had tumescent Smart Lipo done on my abdomen and a male breast reduction. My doctor said that I could take Ibuprofen after the surgery. After I did some research, this does not seem to be a good idea. I am 3 days post-op and I want to know, will the first 3 days of taking Ibuprofen affect my results? I just stopped taking it.

Ibuprofen after surgery

Ibuprofen and antiinflammatory medications can be taken after almost every kind of surgery. They pose no risk in terms of postoperative morbidity in terms of excessive bleeding. They are also beneficial in terms of their antiinflammatory response.

When it comes to vein surgery (varicose veins), I also allow my patients to take aspirin if they have a need to do so.

I would follow your doctor's recommendations - the physician that did your surgery - as he/she has a protocol for how he practices and what is best for his/her patients.

I wouldn't worry about the short term consequences of these medications. Real bleeding usually has a surgical cause and is not from medications - although it is usually blamed on medications, vitamins, homeopathic drugs that patients take without informing their surgeons.