Ibuprofen/fish Oils and Microdermabrasion

Hello, I am having microdermabrasion in about a week, i take ibuprofen as a migraine preventative for the week before my period, and am wondering how much this increases the risk of bruising from microdermabrasion? I'm planning on stopping it 10 days before, is this enough?

Microdermabrasion and Ibuprofen

+1

Microdermabrasion involves removal of several layers of the epidermis and is therefore non-invasive.  Ibuprofen (unlike aspirin) only affects platelet function while it is in the bloodstream; fish oil has a subtle anticoagulant effect on your body's clotting factors and lasts for several days. Although it would be rare to get a bruise from this treatment, I would recommend stopping ibuprofen about 12-24 hours before and you should have no problems.  Likewise, I would stop fish oil for about 1 week prior.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon