I am Looking for a Vitiligo Treatment is It Safe on Xtrac Laser Treatment or Skin Transplant or Tatoo on Vitiligo Spot

I am Looking  for  a Vitiligo Treatment - is It  Safe on Xtrac Laser Treatment or Skin Transplant or Tatoo on Vitiligo Spot

Eximer laser Quite Safe

+1

Although the Eximer laser is chiefly touted for its beneficial effects on psoriasis, we found that it delivers even more positive results for vitiligo. This is important in light of the lack of success with many other modalities.

The Eximer laser condenses the most beneficial wavelength in light treatment for psoriasis, at the 308 nm wavelength. This allows us to deliver a high dose of monochromatic UVB light to the specific plaque. If you have multiple and numerous plaques, however, PUVA ( Psoralen plus Ultraviolet A), UVB, or narrow band UVB would be more appropriate.

As far as safety, this wavelength is quite safe. It is painless, and I have yet to see a burn from the machine. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.