Would like lipo for rump and abdomen. If I get pregnant, will be results be ruined after children?

Liposuction of the Rump and Abdomen Followed by Pregnancy

+1

Pregnancy will definitely change the body, but it is difficult to predict if the results will be ruined or just altered.  You will be less likely to gain fat in the areas liposuctioned.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction and Pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question. Following liposuction, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a good diet. Pregnancy does change your body in many ways, and the fat can return, making these results temporary. Also excessive skin will result post pregnancy, in which case, a tummy tuck ends up being the best most effective procedure for the abdomen.  Whatever path you decide, be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in body contouring for the best and safest results.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Usually when you get pregnant you do gain weight and it’s hard to say if the results would last. It has a lot to do with how your body gains the fat and what areas. Once the fat is removed you will not gain the same amount of fat in that area. You still have fat cells there and they are and will get bigger if you’re not on the right diet. To answer your question, it’s very hard to tell without having an idea on your history.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS