I am 52 yrs, Ultherapy for my neck and lower face? (photo)

this last year has really seen my neck skin become loose as well as the lower part of my face. Would love your opinion. I'm a Paramedic and simply do not make the money or have the time to take off for more evasive procedures

Ultherapy for Neck and Face

+1
Based on the limited number of photos you provide, you seem to have the amount of skin laxity (not too much) which makes you a good candidate for Ultherapy. Read the Ultherapy book for more information about the procedure and expectations provided on the link provided below: 

Buffalo General Surgeon

I am 52 yrs, Ultherapy for my neck and lower face?

+1

It looks like Ulthera could be a good solution for the issues you are seeing in your neck and jaw area. It is difficult to say exactly how well it will work as your photos are not very clear. Ulthera can produce some great results but keep in mind they will not be as drastic as surgical results.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ultherapy candidate

+1

Although it's hard to tell 100% because you didn't include any profile photos, it appears you might be a good candidate for Ulthera. The biggest advantages to choosing Ulthera over a face and neck lift is that there is no downtime with the procedure, and it's less expensive. You should take a look at some before and after photos of typical results and decide if you might be satisfied with those kinds of results. Good luck with your decision.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Ultherapy for Lower Face and Neck

+1

It is difficult to make a proper assessment through the pictures you provided. Especially since your neck is not clearly visible. What I can tell you though is that you have seemed to have lost the natural curvature of your jaw line. Ultherapy is a very good treatment for this. It is possible that you will see some satisfactory results if after a full evaluation it is determined that you are an ideal candidate for the Ultherapy treatment. Judging be your pictures though, it is likely that you will require more than one treatment. The best thing for you to do is to schedule a consultation with an experienced Ultherapy provider who can give you a full evaluation and treatment plan. Good luck to you!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Ultherapy for sagging neck

+1

Its not really possible to evaluate your pictures as they are not recent or clinical. Its much more important to try to aim for treatment that will achieve your goal than to just have a procedure done. Based on the limited pictures, I believe you will have some, conservative improvement but may need more than one treatment in the first year before you go into the 18 month cycle of maintenance treatment. In fact I think you may need 3 treatments, spaced 4 months apart to see adequate improvement. The overall cost will likely be more than a surgical lower face and neck lift which is expected to give you a more dramatic improvement. Ultherapy is great for maintenance and mild improvement of collagen density and firming of facial soft tissue but it may not be sufficient to adequately reverse the soft tissue sagging depending on the extent. You may want to seek consultation from a general or facial plastic surgeon who is able to provide both options so that you are given an unbiased opinion based on your specific needs and requests.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon