Does Medicaid Cover Breast Reduction For Back Pain?

Iam 31years Old I Have 3 kids I am 5'3, 44DD and I suffer back pain. Does Medicaid cover a reduction?

I weight 210lbs iam a little chubby

Will Medicaid cover a breast reduction surgery?

+1

From your general description, it appears that you may very well qualify for a breast reduction through Medicaid. However, you will first need to consult with a plastic surgeon who accepts that insurance. They will examine you, discuss the relevant issues, determine if you are a good candidate for the surgery and if so, try to obtain insurance approval for coverage.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com

Breast reduction insurance coverage

+1

Sounds like you may be the candidate for the breast reduction procedure. It would be your best interest to drop weight to where you are “stable”. This will allow you to maximize chances for an optimal result minimize the chances that you will need further surgery.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm