DD Cup a Candidate for Breast Reduction?

hi iam 18 years old iam 5 feet tall and weight 147 and iam a 36 DD do you think its appropiate for me to get breast reduction..my back sometimes hurts as well as my shoulders and get this ugly marks on my shoulders and my back..

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

It sounds like  you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).
Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Reduction may be appropriate for you

+1

Hi there-

Breast reduction is most often performed for one of two reasons...

Many patients have breasts disproportionately large for their bodies, and the weight that the breasts represent leads to chronic pain in the neck, shoulders, and back, with ongoing disability to exercise and live the lifestyle the patient prefers. Over time, arthritis in the spine occurs, with progressive worsening of pain.

Other patients have breasts that may be larger than they would prefer, but not large enough that they are causing true functional disability.

Whether you are having pain and disability, or simply would prefer a less voluptuous silhouette, breast reduction can be a very positive and fulfilling life change for you.

The most important thing to know is that this operation is quite subtle... It is my opinion that while 99% of trained and Board Certified Plastic Surgeons would be able to complete a breast reduction for you, only ~5% of them could reliably produce a pleasing and attractive long term outcome with the operation. You need to choose your surgeon carefully.

Here's how:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast reduction dd breasts

+1

Certainly if you feel that you are too large, a breast reduction may be suitable for you. You should go for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be properly evaluated..

Breast reduction

+1

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. You should be aware though of the scars involved which usually heal well with time. You may want to go to my website and watch a complete video of me doing a reduction.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction for 36 DD breasts might be indicated

+1

Large breasts can cause the symptoms you have of neck and back pain, and irritation of the skin of your shoulders related to bra strap pressure. with these synptoms, you may do well wih breast reduction surgery. A couple of things to keep in mind though.

1. You are young. At 18, breasts can still grow. Make sure you have had a stable bra size for at least a year before having surgery.

2. You have not yet had children. Pregnancy and nursing changes the shape and size of breasts so you may need further surgery after childbearing.

3. Having a breast reduction now may change your ability to fully nurse an infant.

All of the above are not contraindications to having breast reduction at 18, but are considerations when a teenager is investigating this procedure.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

DD cup a candidate for breast reduction

+1

Yes you are but insurance approval takes a pre determination letter with photos outlining the breast issues in detail. Than you will be able to have this operation.

Dr. B

DD Breast Reduction

+1

You certainly would benefit from a breast reduction.  Many women with large breasts have symptoms which include back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, breast pain, bra strap grooving, and skin rashes all due to the weight of the large breasts.  In addition, such large breasts may make it very difficult to fit into comfortable clothing.  There is no reason for a woman with these symptoms to not have a breast reduction.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Indications for breast reduction

+1

A plastic surgeon should be able to determine whether a reduction will relieve your symptoms after an examination. One thing you can try is walk around with your breasts cradled in you arms and see if this helps the discomfort in your neck and back.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD