I am 16 and Iam Wondering if I Can Get Any Platic Surgery ?

iam 16 and iam big 195 i had try alot of diet and extercise but nothing works and i was wondering if i can get any platic surgery i juist want fat transfer and lipo ?

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is not the solution for weight loss or obesity. Liposuction is for contouring an area on your body where weight loss will not help. It is important from an early age to watch your diet and exercise to develop good life long habits. Good Luck.

Liposuction at age 16

+1

Liposuction is not the answer. It changes shape. Not weight. You need to get fit, slim and healthy. So put off any cosmetic surgery until you are at least 18 and do this.

• Go on-line. Calculate your BMI (Body mass index) Calculate the weight you need to have a normal or average BMI. Subtract present weight from ideal = how much to lose.
  • Keep an exact record of all you eat for 2 weeks. And all exercise.
  • Go on-line to find calorie counts. Add up all you ate, divide by 14. This is your average calorie intake each day.
  • Decrease your calories to 2000 a day. Double your exercise the first month. Keep doubling every month. To make time for this - stop sitting down! Get active. 

Result? A  fit, happier healthier you in time for your 18th birthday. Best of luck!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction and young age

+1

Regardless of age, liposuction would not work well for someone who is overweight and says diet and exercise hasn't helped.  If such a persone has liposuction, the calories consumed per day wouldn't change and the extra energy would be converted to fat and stored in the same area that underwent liposuction as well as other areas.  You should become involved with a nutritionist and a trainer and eat healthier and work out more.  Also your physician should ensure that your endocrine system is working normally, especially your thyroid.

Once all of this is done, and you start to prove to yourself that you can take some weight off, then you would be a better candidate for liposuction. The healthier you are preoperatively, the better you will heal from surgery.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction for a 16 year old?

+1

With parental consent it may be possible to have surgery. However, liposuction is more for sculpting and not major weight loss reduction. Depending on your height and body frame, you may have some areas that liposuction might help shape and then motivate you with a continued diet and exercise program. It may be worth your while to go in for a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, with one of your parents, and find out what your options are. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Plastic Surgery at Age 16?

+1

Dear selina16,

I am sorry to hear about your concerns about your weight. Obesity is an important issue that can affect your long-term health and should be addressed. I would suggest seeing a weight loss specialist to see if they can help you change your dietary and exercise habits to help you lose weight. Unfortunately, plastic surgery including liposuction is not a treatment for weight loss. In extreme circumstances, a bariatric operation such as Lap Band may be worth considering, but it much more advisable to lose the weight on your own.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD