I Have Yag Laser Scheduled for Broken Capillaries Near my Nose. How Soon After That Can I Have Fillers (Juvederm)?

Both procedures are done in two different offices. How long would you recommend a patient to wait? Thank you

Broken capillaries and filler treatments

+1

I commonly do IPL or V-Beam treatments for broken capillaries on the same day as filler injections. There is absolutely no contraindication with a non-ablative laser.  If you were having Fraxel or a CO2 laser you would definitely have to wait.  Please find an experienced board certified dermatologist for your cosmetic procedures to have the best result.

Laser before fillers if possible

+1

It would be okay to have nonablative laser such as IPL, pulse dye or Yag laser and filler injection such as Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm on the same day. Ideally nonablative laser work should be done prior to filler injection to minimize theoretical concern about expedited degradation of fillers.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Timing of Injectable Fillers After Laser Treatment

+1

I prefer not to do laser treatments and injectable fillers to the same area on the same day.  I would recommend waiting a few days (more is not necessary) until after having had the laser treatment to then have fillers injected into the same areas. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Dermal Fillers after Laser?

+1

Hi Dalila.  We do dermal fillers on the same day as the yag laser.  We do the laser treatments first and then the injections immediately after.  There is no problem with immediate injections.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD