I Only Got a Little Work Done on my Nose Will It Take As Long to Heal?

My nose is pretty, just too long! I always see humps being removed, I got a bit of a dip, yes, but I never see pics of people getting long noses shortened. my doc said it was very easy, I just bled too much, (other than that) I didnt get massive owrk done, do I really need to wait an entire year? will it take that long? will my tip go back down? ( my nose seems as pointy if not pointier than before and pig like) how long until I dont look 'fake'? Im surewhen my splint is removed I'll look odd

Concerns after Rhinoplasty with Splint On

+1

If your splint is still intact, then I would recommend that you wait at least a few weeks to months before making any decisions about the nose.  You nose will change.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you just had the operation.  So unless there is some gross deformity, don't worry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Healing from rhinoplasty

+1

Additional information about your procedure would really be necessary to provide you with the most precise advice.  In general, the final result of rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery. This is especially the case if tip work was performed. Swelling can also be influenced by thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not the procedure was a revision. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it will take some time. In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns to your surgeon. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nose Healing After Tip Work Done

+1

Without more details of what was done and in the absence of photos, it is quite difficult to give you an accurate answer. That being said, if you had an open rhinoplasty, it can still take up to a year for the nose to fully heal. This is because the tip can often times be the last thing to heal during an open rhinoplasty. If it was done with a closed technique, it might be a shorter healing time. But you still have quite a ways to go either way. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty result

+1

I can't comment on your rhinoplasty without before and after photos.  Certainly initially you will have alot of swelling at this point.  Give it time to settle.