I Have White Scars on my Face That Have No Pigmentatin in Them, How Can I Bring the Pigment Back?

it's on my face

Treating white scars on the face and body

+1

I have used ablative laser followed by UV exposure to try to regain some pigment on these white scars.

The results are encouraging.

I Have White Scars on my Face That Have No Pigmentation in Them, How Can I Bring the Pigment Back?

+1

The natural pigment will not come back. Typically if you have a poorly healed scar which is depressed or widened or poorly positioned, scar revision surgery is performed to refine the scar. If the scar is otherwise well healed and well positioned and just light colored, medical tattooing is a great, non-surgical option. However, look at your provider's portfolio and make sure they treat alot of scars. You want someone well versed in scar camouflage. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars

+1

There are 2 lasers which may be of some benefit for the white scars.  Fraxel laser would be my first choice because it can help with scarring and with the color.  Pharos laser can be helpful if there is loss of color with less scarring.  With both of these systems, multiple treatments would be necessary.  I hope you find this helpful.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars and color

+1

As scars heal, the red/pink color fades to usually a white line.  The scar line may always be lighter than the rest of your skin.  If you want it darker, you may consider cosmetic tattooing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD