I Went Too Small and I Really Need Advice?

I'm 5'4 107 lbs with a 26.5 in rib cage. 4 months ago I got 275cc mod + silicone impants under the muscle. I was hoping for 300cc but my doctor said my incision wouldnt close and had to go down. They are not as big as i would like but the shape and look is very nice/natural. I really think I went to conservative and that my body can handle more. Is there a big difference between 275 mod + and 350 high profile (what I was thinking forba revision). could it look natural? I started off a 32a.

+2

Don't worry about the profile of the implant, your PS will have adequate knowledge to help you decide. Try on sizers to help decide which size is adequate. Going up 75 cc's will definitely make a difference in your breast. 

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Increase Implant Size after Breast Augmentation

+2

Glad to hear that your results look great.  Having regrets about size does occur now and then.  I would suggest you take more time to make a decision, though.  Best to wait 6-9 months.

Having said that, I would also caution you about undergoing surgery again to just increase your size by 75 ccs.  In my experience, most patients who go back to the OR to go larger need to increase their size by at least 125 or 150 ccs.  That will generally get you up another cup size or so.  But you are petite so these "guidelines" may or may not apply to you.  Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Wanting a larger implant

+2

Difficult to answer your question without a photograph.  The biggest problem is that the implants are not designed to hang over the edge of your chest wall.  If you used a HP implant with the same base diameter of your existing implants then you should be fine.  This may be about a 325 cc implant.  

+2

Many thanks for the question.Knowing that you are small with a small chest and with a "A" cup breast its very hard to push in a large implant as big as 350cc.I am sure your surgeon did as much as was possible.It is not easy to place an implant as large as 350 on a 26 inches chest wall.I commend him to manage 275 cc for you.Two years from now when your skin has expanded to this size perhaps you can think of a larger implant size.

Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
If you have a nice natural result I would suggest keeping them in as that is what every womens goals are when they come into the office

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

I went too small and need advice?

+1

After Breast Augmentation after the swelling goes down some patients do feel that they wish they were bigger. I would recommend waiting a few more months to decide if you want to have surgery. You will more realistically be able to try on sizers and make a decision as to the size you want. You may still have some swelling form your surgery. If you still wish to go larger the condition of you skin and other factors will help decide the size.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Too Small

+1

Since you happy with the shape of the result I would wait 6-8 months, and most patient can stretch to a larger size.  I prefer to perform a try on session where sizers are placed in a bra with a tee shirt so you feel secure with the size, then based on an examination it would be up to the surgeon to decide if its going to fit. This would be an easy fix and its possible it can be done under local anesthesia minimizing risks and expense.

Best regards,

Dr Gartner

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Going with somewhat larger breast implants can leave you looking natural.

+1

Hi.

Of course cannot be sure without actually seeing you, but going with 350 cc implants could be a good choice to make you fuller but not fake looking.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)