I Am 3 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck with Incisional Hernia Repair, I Have One Drain Still Producing 75ml?

Today my tube came lost suction and came out :( , I am terrified of getting a seroma, what can I do to help prevent this now that my tube is gone? Should I be more active or less active?

Drain out but still draining

+2

Your surgeon will give you the best advice but in the meantime wear a tight garment to keep the skin from shearing from the muscles and causing seroma. keep the drain site clean with antiseptic.

One Drain Still Producing 75ml lost suction and came out

+2

Advice:

• call your surgeon for instructions
  • wear your compression
  • maintain current level of activity pending discussion with your surgeon.

Drain out and still draining

+1

You should speak with your surgeon but as a general rule, if you are still draining, even from one drain, that should be sufficient to manage the fluid that accumulates.  Please remember that while seromas are undesirable, a surgeon who performs an abdominoplasty should have no problem managing one that might occur.  Three weeks is very early in the healing process. 

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon