I Am 3 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty, my Niece Hit Me on the Right Cheek Which Hurt?

My surgeon has done a lot of nose narrowing. I was wondering if i had done some damage to my final result ? please I am very worried

Blow to nose three weeks after rhinoplasty can affect result.

+1

Hi.

But this is true only of a direct blow to the nose.  If you were struck in the cheek, I doubt very much anything bad will happen.

Hit on the cheek 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

You are still healing 3 weeks after surgery, and it is important to avoid any direct trauma to the nose. If you were hit on the cheek, everything should be fine and it is not likely any damage was caused. I would recommend following up with your surgeon if you have any concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Hit on cheek after rhinoplasty

+1

It normally would take a direct hit to the nose to have any effect on the results three weeks after your rhinoplasty.  If you were only hit to the cheek, this should not affect your nose.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trauma after Rhinoplasty Affecting the Result

+1

The short answer is that trauma to your cheek likely will NOT affect your rhinoplasty result.  A direct blow to your nose always has the potential to affect the rhinoplasty result.  However, the amount of force needed to cause damage to your nose by impact of your cheek would not be generated by your niece unless she has a second career as a prize fighter.  If there is any concern that the nose looks different, see your plastic surgeon for reassurance.