I Am 3 Weeks Post Op and I Feel Fluid Around One of my Implants. Im Wondering if It Will Absorb?

I had a breast augmentation 3 weeks ago. Initially, I had fluid around one of my implants and I thought it had absorbed already. But now I hear the fluid still around the implant. I talked to my surgeon and he said it should absorb but Im 3 weeks post op; so I worried that I have a Seroma and that it wont absorb. I didnt have drain tubes used. What should I do?

Fluid Around Implants

+1

A large amount of fluid can and should be drained.  However, a smaller amount likely cannot be drained and puts the implant at risk while trying to drain.  Usually, the smaller amount of fluid will resolve with time.  You are still early.

Fluid around implants

+1

I think that you have to follow up closely with your surgeon. Usually small amounts of fluid around implants absorbs.

I Feel Fluid Around One of my Implants

+1

You need to follow up closely with your surgeon. If it does not absorb, your surgeon will have to decide upon the best way to resolve it. Sometimes it can be aspirated with ultrasound guidance, but not many will do this. It may require an open (operative)  approach.

Discuss a time course and management plan with your surgeon. Thanks for your question, best wishes.