I Am 6 Weeks Post Cellulaze Treatment. Once the Swelling Subsided from the Treatment, Cellulite Reappeared?

Disappointed Please explain. Does this procedure really work or is it all hype?

When do the final results occur with cellulaze?

+2

There are three phases to the patient experience after cellulaze.  The first is a phase of happiness that occurs in the first weeks after treatment due to the swelling that makes everything looks smooth.  The second is a phase of mild disappointment as as some of the irregularities seem to return at one to two months after treatment.  The third is a phase of satisfaction that occurs as the remodeling process gets fully underway 3 to 6 months after treatment.  This requires patience, but it's worth it in the end.

6 weeks after cellulaze

+2

Though it may seem like an eternity, 6 weeks is still early in the process.  All of the swelling may not have resolved and may contribute to some of the lumpy and dimpled appearance. The collagen remodeling hasn't occurred to this point, which will help the skin to appear smoother, thicker and firmer. Things will still continue to improve for at least another 6 months.  If you'd not already had Smoothshapes or lymphatic massage, you may consider these procedures to help speed your results and smooth their appearance. Hang in there.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

I Am 6 Weeks Post Cellulaze Treatment. Once the Swelling Subsided from the Treatment, Cellulite Reappeared

+2

Final results can take up to 6 months. Best to return to your certified CELLULAZE doc to discuss in detail the time frame of healing from this operation. 

Cellulaze Results

+2
Thank you for your question. Do not be discouraged by your Cellulaze results. Your results will continue to improve for the next three to twelve months. Since it has only been 6 weeks post-treatment, give it time, and your results will improve. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite reappears after procedure, it's okay

+1

Thanks for the question, Elvira.  This is normal to not see any improvement after the surgery or in the immediate post-operative timeframe.  It takes several months to see the improvements, and can continue improving for up to a year later.  Have patience with the procedure.  It does work if done correctly.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Phases of healing with Cellulaze

+1

I concur with Dr. Cook's description.  I prepare my patients to be extremely happy with their results the first 1-3 weeks after the procedure.   But I tell them that this is due to the swelling. From approximately week 4-6, the cellulite areas may actually look worse before it gets better.  Why?  Because of the differential resolution of swelling in different areas.  It truly takes 3-6 months to see your final results.  Be patient.  I'm sure you'll be happy in several weeks.  Please following your postoperative care instructions and followup with your plastic surgeon as scheduled.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze reappearance of cellulite

+1

I like the other doctors who have already answered think that it is too early to make any judgements about the success of your treatment yet.  You need at least 6 months to realize the full effects of the treatment.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Results will soon arrive

+1

Please be patient! You will start to see results from the Cellulaze treatment within 3 to 6 months. Give it time to heal properly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Results after Cellulaze

+1

Six weeks after Cellulaze treatment is definitely too early to make any judgments on your results.  I hope your surgeon discussed in detail with you prior to treatment what the expected course would be.  In general, there is some "improvement" in cellulite initially due to swelling from the healing process.  Then patients may be slightly discouraged because the cellulite returns.  The actual results from Cellulaze should start to appear around the 3 month mark and then there is continued improvement up to 6-12 months after the procedure.  So, while Cellulaze is a very good treatment for cellulite, you do have to be patient to see the results.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS