I Am 6 Weeks Post Breast Op and Have Developed Swollen Lymph Nodes Under the Left Armpit?

No redness, no fever, however there is a pain under in the armpit and in the shoulders. My GP has prescribed antibiotics until I see my CS. I am worried that this is a sign of a rupture or muscle tear or breast injury...

6 wks after breast augmentation and swollen glands?

+1

It is unusual to have swollen glands after breast surgery but I suppose it could happen. Best to be seen by your plastic surgeon as well to se if there is a problem.

If you have concerns that are related to your cosmetic surgery, see your plastic surgeon

+1
If you think that something is going on that is related to your recent cosmetic procedure, you should contact your plastic surgeon.  Family doctors are not experts in post-surgical issues and they may overlook something your plastic surgeon would treat early on, or dismiss as a normal post-surgical swelling.
How do you know you have swollen lymph nodes and not something else?
If you have just pain in the shoulder/armpit area this could be just normal stretching/tension after a recent surgery that doesn't need antibiotics, esp since you say there is no redness/fever.  If you have swollen tender lumps in the armpit, this could be fluid/collection, infection, or just postop swelling.  Your plastic surgeon is the best person to see and ask.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swollen lymph nodes in the armpit after breast augmentation is rare in might be a sign of another condition.

+1

Swollen lymph nodes after breast augmentation is extremely unlikely. The nose might be a sign of some other condition possibly of early breast implant infection. I think you should take this up with your surgeon immediately.

Swollen Lymph Nodes 6 Weeks after Breast Surgery

+1

If you had a breast augmentation, the swelling may be a normal variant, a fluid collection, hematoma, etc.  This is so difficult to answer without pictures or an exam. 

Swollen Lymph Nodes Under the Left Armpit?

+1

This is more likely a sign of your recent surgery than of the injuries you wonder about. Do follow with your surgeon and/or GP until these are resolved. All the best.