I Am 1 Week Post Op Breast Augmentation and Am Considering Going in Next Week for a Tummy Tuck. Is That Too Soon?

You absolutely can undergo abdominoplasty a week after breast augmentation – if you are perfectly healthy.

+1

You absolutely can undergo abdominoplasty a week after breast augmentation – if you are perfectly healthy.  I have done many abdominoplasties simultaneously with breast enhancement procedures.  My rule of thumb is no more than 5 to 6 hours of cosmetic surgery at a time—and that assumes you have no medical problems.  Many patients are concerned about “too many” anesthetics in a short period of time, but that fear is not supported by real-life experience.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Augmentation and Scheduling a Tummy Tuck

+1

One should really wait at least 3 months because of the potential risk. One can always consider doing breast augmentation or mastopexy and tummy tuck concomitantly which is safely done in most cases under 4 hours.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Tummy tuck after augmentation - how soon?

+1

I hope you are covering well from your breast surgery.  Though technically you can have the procedure if you wished, my personal preference would be to wait until you were certain the breasts did not need any revision since going back to the OR for your tummy tuck would provide an excellent opportunity to address any breast concerns that may be lingering. 

As mentioned by other posters, it is common to have an augmentation and tummy tuck at the same time but perhaps your surgeon was concerned about blood supply issues and guided you to the safest option. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Simultaneous breast augmentation and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for question. Now that you have just had one surgery, I suggest that you wait a few weeks to recover and make sure that there are no problems with your breast augmentation. If everything does well and your surgeon feels that you are in good shape for a tummy tuck, then it should be fine. I am surprised that you didn't do both procedures at the same time.  It is not uncommon to perform a tummy tuck with a breast lift or implants. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Considering tummy tuck one week after breast augmentation

+1

I'm surprised that your surgeon did not suggest doing both procedures at the same time. In my practice, I prefer to do these procedures together. I do a lot of liposuction of the whole back, hips, waist with my tummy tucks. One week out from breast augmentation it might be a little moree challenging to place you in the prone position if liposuction is contemplated. If your surgeon is doing a tummy tuck without liposuction and you will be in the supine position only, than there are no concerns. Good luck with your surgery.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon