Ask a doctor

I Want Widening Surgery, Not Just the Apparatus To Fix Eyeteeth Extractions when I Was Young?

I am in Australia, & would consider coming to the US. I had eyeteeth extracted when I was young. As an adult I had braces for 4 years & an attempt to widen with an apparatus. It hasn't worked enough, my face is so sunken in due to the small top jaw. I understand there is surgery. Is this surgery ok at 42 and what am I looking at in cost. I have seen information about a teenager that had it, and she looks better, it took 2 surgeries, is this the case? Who can I get to preform this operation?

Doctor Answers (1)

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Jaw surgery



Jaw surgery in coordination with orthodontic treatment is an effective treatment for widening narrowed jaws. This procedure is performed at a hospital under general anesthesia and can be effectively performed by an experienced board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. I have performed such surgeries on many adults beyond age 40 with great success. See link below for more details.


Dr. Kazemi

Web reference:

Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...