I Want Widening Surgery, Not Just the Apparatus To Fix Eyeteeth Extractions when I Was Young?

I am in Australia, & would consider coming to the US. I had eyeteeth extracted when I was young. As an adult I had braces for 4 years & an attempt to widen with an apparatus. It hasn't worked enough, my face is so sunken in due to the small top jaw. I understand there is surgery. Is this surgery ok at 42 and what am I looking at in cost. I have seen information about a teenager that had it, and she looks better, it took 2 surgeries, is this the case? Who can I get to preform this operation?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Jaw surgery

+1

Hi

Jaw surgery in coordination with orthodontic treatment is an effective treatment for widening narrowed jaws. This procedure is performed at a hospital under general anesthesia and can be effectively performed by an experienced board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. I have performed such surgeries on many adults beyond age 40 with great success. See link below for more details.

Dr. Kazemi

Web reference: http://www.facialart.com/our-practice/dental-procedures-oral-surgery/orthognathic-jaw-surgery-oral-surgeon-washington-dc/

Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon