I Want to Switch from 525g HP to 700cc Mod Plus? (photo)

I have 525 g CUI implants (12.7x6.2) I want more width and I'm ok with losing some projection. My PS said she would do the 700-750 range. I am 6'1, 175 lbs with a wide chest. Should I request to switch to mod plus? My current implants are far too narrow for my chest. The dimsof the 700cc Naturelle are HP 14.5x6.2, ModP 15.8x5.1 and 750cc HP15x6, ModP 16.2x5.2. Are these going to fill me in where I need it to? I don't like the torpedo look I have now!!

When is a Moderate Implant better looking than a High Profile Implant?

+2

The example you present is one in which the width of the breast has not been filled out as it would in a naturally large breast. You have noted that you do not like the "torpedo look".  The volume of the proposed implant is determined according to a woman's breast base width, and her height and build.  Since you are taller, a larger moderate profile implant in the size you suggested, around 700 cc, makes sense, but the same appearance would be achieved in a woman around 5'4" with a breast base of 13 cc or so with a 375 cc implant.

The main point is that a high profile implant does not look good when it is too narrow for that woman's chest. In choosing high profile vs. moderate profile, most women are happy when their goals for size are met by an implant that is at or just under their breast width. When they want more volume, then the narrower, larger volume high profile implant, within reason, allows them to achieve that. 

When women ask for larger implants that exceed their breast width, they should be informed that if such implants were used, they would greatly increase the risk of nerve damage, numbness, stretching of skin, malposition and need for future surgery.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Upgrading to 700cc implants

+1

The answer to your question depends on several things.  You didn't mention whether you wanted larger implants, you can can a larger base diameter with lower projection in the same volume implant.  A 3cm increase in base diameter is quite significant.  An increase in base diameter may not necessarily give you better cleavage, they may just sit further off to the side.  Only a live consultation can help guide your choice.

Dennis Dass, MD

I want more width

+1

3 cm is a lot of added width. Without a live exam, I would be hard pressed to make such a recommendation. 

i do think that switching away from HP will improve the overall appearance of the breasts. Unless you are certain that you want to be larger, I would consider a more modest size change among the M+P series of implants-575, 616, or 659. Otherwise I fear that the improvement in overall shape will be negated by the larger fill volume, and you will have a larger version of the same shaped breasts.

Thanks for presenting this interesting issue. All the best.

Breast implants

+1

I understand your dissatisfaction with the space between the implants.  Simply going with larger implants may not necessarily solve the problem unless the pockets are also adjusted at the same time.  In my opinion going larger is a mistake.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Larger Implants with more Width

+1

This option may be viable.  The easiest way to determine this is to just measure your chest wall width with calipers. 

Implant size

+1

I think a wider implant may benefit you, but are you sure you want mod +, or just moderate profile. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

It looks like you could benefit froma bit more width. Without an exam, it is difficult to tell you which implant would be best for you.

Increased Implant Base Width For Broader Breast Augmentation Result

+1

More breast base width, as you have suggested, would be beneficial. Switching to a larger implant and adding several cms of width should help. But with new implants with a broader base, you may also need the capsule released so it can allow the new width to 'stretch out' and not just be bound up in the existing capsule.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Very big implants are big mistake.

+1

Hi.

You don't look natural now and you will look a lot LESS natural with 700 cc breast implants.  Get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Shape v. Projection...which implant style to choose? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello AmazonINArizona,

The moderate plus style implant will give your more diameter/shape.

The high profile style implant will give you more projection.

So, if you are going for more shape and diameter, the moderate plus will

probably be a better choice.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon