I Want to Reduce my Breast Implant Size? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 11/17/12- I was a 36B and I went to a 36DD. They are saline implants Moderate profile 700 cc. I do not like how low my breasts sit and think they are too large. It is 1/10/13 and I have spoke with my PS for a revision. He was not able to give me a definate outcome of the results and I would like to know what I can expect. I would like to reduce to 500-600cc high profile saline implants.Any input or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Breast implants are too large

+1

It is easy to get excited about breast augmentation and choose an implant that is too large, and regret it later.  You will probably need to downsize by at least 200cc to notice a difference.  You will also need some internal pocket revision also.

Revisionary Breast Surgery to Downsize Breast Implants?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your stated goals, I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery. I would suggest downsizing of breast implants as well as internal suture repair of the breast implant capsules ( capsulorraphy). It will be important to revise the breast implant pockets; otherwise you will find that you will continue to have breast implant displacement issues.  Although difficult to say without direct examination, breast lifting surgery will likely not be necessary

Make sure you ask to see lots of examples of your plastic surgeon's work helping patients in your situation. Communicate your goals clearly; in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.  The use of intraoperative sizers are very helpful when it comes to determining the appropriate size/profile of breast implants that will best achieve your goals.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you consider options.

Downsizing Implants

+1

Downsizing to 500 cc maybe a reasonable option along with pocket revision.  Depending upon chest wall dimensions a moderate or high profile implant may be reasonable.

Downsizing breast implants

+1

I would recommend downsizing your implants as well because 700 cc looks too large on you in my personal opinion.  I would also recommend a lift with the exchange as your breasts appear to be sagging a bit under all that weight.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

I Want to Reduce my Breast Implant Size

+1

If you can look at a 600 cc and a 700 cc MP implant, you may have a tough time seeing much difference. At that high a volume, if your really feel too large, going down 200 cc makes more sense to me. Your surgeon is correct in not wanting to give a definite estimate of outcome. Cup sizes are not uniformly defined, and the changes that occur in an individual are not entirely predictable. 

Surgeons who estimate cup size change by cc of implant on this site will suggest 150-250 cc for one cup size change. 

Thanks for your question and for the photos, best wishes. 

Implants

+1

way too large and bottomed out. need to change to smaller implants and make the pocket smaller with mesh or ADM ( acellular dermal matrix) would stick with high profile and consider textured

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon