I Want to Get a Facelift. I Had Sculptra Last Year Will That Be a Problem?

Sculptra and face lifts

+1

A year out after your Sculptra, you should be at a nice steady state.  Make sure that your surgeon knows about the injection, but a facelift now would be fine.  Many surgeons use fillers, Sculptra, and fat during and around the time of surgery, so there is nothing to be concerned about in your case.  Good luck!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and fillers are synergistic

+1

Not a problem and there is no problem with the timing for a facelift. Sculptra and other fillers address volume issues associated with aging and face lifting addresses the sagging loose skin - so both are synergistic and complementary

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

The timing of injectables and facelift surgery

+1

The simple answer to your question is no. Injectables like sculptra and others are used before, after, and sometimes during facelift surgery.  During surgery most plastic surgeons take some of your own fat with liposuction and inject it for volume instead of using a packaged product. Either method is acceptable.  Make sure your surgeon is confident with the process. Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Having a Facelift a Year After Sculptra is OK

+1

Having a facelift after Sculptra injections performed a year ago should not be a problem except the surgical dissection may possibly be slightly more complicated depending on how many series of injections you had.  That being said, each of these procedures can complement each other as the Sculptra added volume while a facelift would address loose and saggy tissue.

Carlo Honrado, MD

Facelift after having Sculptra

+1

There are no contraindications to having a facelift after Sculptra.  It is certainly acceptable to move forward with a facelift irregardless of Sculptra being placed.

Facelift following treatment with Sculptra

+1

Great question. Sculptra is a collagen stimulator that adds volume to the face. It helps boost production of your own collagen, and will not interfere with your surgeon performing a facelift. Using Sculptra can actually help you obtain a better result, and complement the facelift, as the facelift alone will not add volume to the face. It is important to discuss the details of your Sculptra treatment with your surgeon ahead of time, and explain how many treatments were performed and their exact location on the face. I hope this helps answer your question, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Facelift after Sculptra

+1

There will be absolutely no problem undergoing a facelift if you have had previous fillers.  You should not need to worry about it.  But make sure your surgeon is aware that you have had Sculptra.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Previous scupltra injections will not interfere with facelift surgery

+1

Having done several thousand sculptra injections and many facelifts and patients with previous sculptra injections I can reassure you that it does not represent a problem.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

+1

No, not IMHO.  Its important that the Face Lift Surgeon understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face which means shaping the midface (Cheeks) as well as lifting and tightening tissues.  We have found this approach the most successful using a minimally invasive Face Lift (Palmer Celebrity Face Lift).  Hope this helps.

Sculptra filler and facelift

+1

The other response addresses only the volume effect of the filler. Sculptra creates scar tissue "new collagen" below the skin surface which is effective in restoring volume but can make flap elevation slightly different depending on the depth of placement. 

It should be no problem but other responses fail to mention this effect. 

Go to an experienced surgeon that specializes in facial surgery. 

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon