I Want a Breast Augmentation but I Am Due to Deploy Within the Next 4 Months. Is It Safe?

I do office work but I do run into the occasion vigorous activity. Is it safe? Or do I have to wait? I am a very quick healer and have high pain tolerance if that makes a difference. By the time I have the surgery I will only have 2 to 3 months before i depart.

Deployment after augmentation...

+3

Three months is plenty of time to heal and return to normal activities with an uncomplicated procedure. However, at least in the USAF, one needs commander approval prior to an elective procedure. This will cover you in case of a complication and will keep you out of trouble. I would personally advise you to wait until you return.

Good Luck.

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with 2 Months to Recover

+1

The risks of hematoma, fluid collection, pocket compromise, and the like will be minimal after 2 months.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations a year for your surgery.

Breast Augmentation, deploy within the next 4 months.

+1

Breast augmentation can give women with small or unevenly sized breasts a fuller, firmer, better-proportioned look through the placement of implants. Women may elect to undergo breast augmentation for many different medical and aesthetic reasons, including balancing breast size and compensating for reduced volume due to pregnancy or age. The procedure can be combined with a breast lift if needed for more satisfying results.

At bour practice, we minimize the post-operative discomfort by placing a “pain pump” underneath the breast at the time of surgery. This tiny (1.0-mm in diameter) catheter is attached to a small, noiseless, pump that the patient clips to her clothing for the first 48-hours after the procedure. The pump infuses local anesthesia continuously underneath the breast, essentially numbing the tissues and decreasing the discomfort significantly. After surgery, a soft support bra with a wrap around the chest is worn.

Most patients feel tired and sore after surgery and there is some degree of bruising and swelling. The pain pump catheters are removed painlessly at the first post-operative visit (48-hours). There are no stitches to remove. Most patients return to work after one week. More strenuous activities should be avoided for 4-6 weeks.

Recovery timeline

+1

With an uncomplicated procedure, you should be able to start exercising 6 weeks after surgery.  By 3  months you should be at full speed and should be able to deploy.  We have a large number of active duty patients in our practice and the vast majority are able to follow this recovery timeline.  Best wishes for a smooth surgery, fast deployment and safe return.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation then military deployment

+1

First, thank you for your service. On the surface, it looks like you would have enough time to heal.  This is, of course, if all goes well.  There are several variables, (i.e.; your medical history, getting a lift as well, etc).  Make sure your board certified plastic surgeon knows all the particulars.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Augmentation mammoplasty and recovery time

+1

Following a none complicated breast augmentation, an individual can resume all of its pre-operative activities in 6 weeks. You will be safe to undergo your brest augmentation and go on with your plans and deployment. 

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for Military Active Duty

+1

Recovery after breast augmentaion is an important issue for Military active duty personel because of their vigorous activities. Usually, breasts implant incisions and the implant pockets have healed completely within three months. Therefore, you will not have a problem with getting breast implants 3 months prior to deployement.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and deploying in 4 months

+1

You should have plenty of time to heal if you take care of it soon. Good luck with your choice and your adventure!

Breast Augmentation 3-4 Months Before Deployment

+1

There should not be a problem with having your augmentation and then deploying 3-4 months later.  Unless there is a major complication (which would be very unlikely), everything should be well healed and back to normal at that point in time.

John Whitt, MD

Work after breast augmentation

+1

4 months is normally entirely adequate to have comfortably resumed all normal and usual activity. I normally advise limited activity until 6 weeks after surgery followed by graduated return to all normal activities. Hope this helps you make your decision. Best wishes

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon