I Want Breast Augmentation. I Am 32 A Now and Pear Shaped. I Want to Go Up to B Cup. I Am 5'6, 124lbs.

my upper body and face is very skinny. my legs and butt are fat. I want to balance my body and go up to B cup. Is it possible? How much would it cost and will body be able to retain the fat? Who is the best surgeon for fat transfer? How long will the fat last? I don't mind going to another place but I want to know if there is any good doctor in Irving or in Texas?

Reshaping vs Augmentation

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  However, you may benefit from a breast lift rather than augmentation.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, which reshapes your breast, increases upper pole fullness, cleavage and projection using a circumareola incision.  The patient is still able to breast feed and maintain nippe sensitivity.  The value of this technique is it can give the appearance of larger projection even without changing the volume by moving the breast higher on the chest wall over the bony prominence.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Beast enlargement with fat

+1

Breast enlargemet with fat is done frequently although not as commonly as it is performed with implants. Your request is for a small volume of enhancement. Any plastic surgeon who is comfortable with fat transfer can assist you. Implants are always a good option if you change your mind. 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation A to B ; Implants VS. Own Fat

+1

Yourquestion is a VERY complicated one and cannot be answered specifically in this forum. A face to face examination, seeing how giving your breast skin is, how much fat you haver to transfer aND your surgeon must educate you on the great differences between these two modalities.

With implants, for a good looking result in flat chested women, the breast implants are chosen primarily by the ability of the breasts to cover them (and their wrinkles) and to be boosted by them. Although there is no clear B or C or D, you can get an idea what things may look like with several methods. But - the BEST method of SEEING what you may look like with ANY breast implant is to undergo a Canfield VECTRA digital virtual Breast Augmentation. The VECTRA takes a 3D image of your chest and will SHOW you your appearance from every possible angle (below, above, sides, angle sides) with each implant. But, eventually implants fail and must be replaced.

That is NOT the case with fat. If the transferred fat survives the transfer and initial few days, it will persist for many years. The problem is that a large and variable portion of the fat does NOT make it. As a result, several procedures may be called for. In addition, either MRI or mammograms should be obtained before the procedure(s) to provide a record of what things looked like before the transfer in case a lumo is found in the future.

The best thing for you to do is find a Plastic surgeon you trust and have him guide you through your options until you understand them fully to make the decision that is right for you.

Hope this helped.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Breast augmentation with fat grafts vs implants, silicone, saline, implant size

+1

Breast augmentation with fat grafts vs implants,  silicone, saline, implant size

• fat grafting is new but has been performed nationally and internationally with good results
  • all of the concerns by the other doctors are true.
  • you need about 250 cc of implant or fat to reach b or c .. you will absorb about 40 percent so you will need more than 300 injected..
  • you may need a second treatment
  • its not less expensive than implants 

Breast Augmentation by Fat Transfer #breastimplants

+1

The body shape you describe is very common in women. Fat transfer for breast augmentation is new and not totally perfected yet. We have been injecting it into the face for a very long time. However, only about 40% of fat cells will live. The long term affects and implications that injecting fat have on the breast are unknown at this point. There is some controversy that injecting fat into the breast might stimulate breast cancer if you have had breast cancer already. We have no idea if there is any problem with stimulating formation of breast cancer in patients without diagnosed breast cancer. Typically we augment a breast with silicone or saline implants. Fat cells need good blood supply to live and that is why fat grafting in the face works better because the face has a robust blood supply. I am sure there are many doctors in Texas you can see. Just make sure it is a board certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Manasa,

The fat distribution that you talk about is actually normal for females - it is known as the gynecoid fat distribution. So from that aspect, it certainly sounds like you're normal. Typically, breast augmentation is done with implants, silicone or saline. Fat transfer to the breast for augmentation is still in its infancy. We still do not know the long term effects and their implications on the detection of potential future breast cancer. There are, however, plenty of good surgeons leading this burgeoning field, and several of them are found in Texas. Fat that is transferred from one place to the other in the body, it never stays all there - a certain percentage will always resorb or "disappear". The fat that "makes it" or "lives" will last as long as you do. Find a Board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon with ample experience in fat grafting. Ask him/her how many of these procedures have they done, and how comfortable they are in doing this for you. Hope this helps. Good luck and fare well.

Daniel Kaufman, MD

Fat transfer to the breast for cosmetic augmentation

+1

Dear Manasa,

Fat transfer to the breast for cosmetic purpose is still VERY controversial. It is still not the standard of care. Several studies are on going.

you need to inform yourself re. the different issues and complications mentioned by my colleagues.

breast implants still remain the only best other option for breast augmentation, and so far are more predictable re. your final cup size.

I do not do fat transfer to the breast for cosmetic augmentation.

you will need to consult with a Board-certified plastic surgeon.

good luck,

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

FAT TRANSFER TO THE BREASTS

+1

Hi Manasa,

I like a woman who wants to be proportional.  Without photos it is hard to comment on the best approach for Breast Augmentation.  Fat transfer is a good approach in the hands of a surgeon who has a lot of experience. One of the indications for this technique is if you only need to go up one cup size. You also need to have enough excess fat to transfer. This is a less predictable procedure which may require a touch up. Currently I do not offer this approach but feel it has a place in the right candidate.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhancement with fat transfers

+1

If you have an interest in a one half to one cup size increase in the the breast, and a suitable donor area where the fat will not be missed or result in dents or irregularity fat grafting might be for you. A familiy history of breast cancer might give you pause as the mammogram could be more difficult to read. Get several consults and consider an implant as well.

Fat Transfer to Breast

+1

In my practice we do not recommend fat transfer to the breast.  This is a questionable procedure, and does not yield good results.  You should consider breast implants.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) to discuss your expectations and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD