I Want Bigger Lips?

Hi I would like bigger lips that are long lasting but if I do not like the result i would be able to remove it. I have had my lips done 3 times within two months, each time with 1 ml. Almost the whole 1 ml went to my upper lip, so i have had about 2,3 ml in my lower lip. The problem is that after a week there is almost nothing left in my lips. The result is not even there. They used Juvederm, and I want a product that is long lasting. Can someone also explain why this is happing to me? Thank you

Lip Augmentation

+1

Long lasting products to enhance the lips include fat, dermal products and synthetic products.  It is recommended to be evaluated to discuss appropriate options with your physician.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Bigger lips

+1

You want bigger lips but it seems the Juvederm is not lasting. This is not that unusual in some people. Juvederm can get metabolized quickly in some people and an alternative may be required. Therefore you can try a longer acting lip filler or go for a permanent lip implant.

James Motlagh, MD
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Long lasting lip augmentation

+1

There are a number of procedures to produce fuller lips.  The simplest, least invasive technique would be the injection of filler materials such as Restylane or, in your case, Juvederm.  Generally speaking, these products should last roughly six to nine months before disappearing.  Some people break them down faster.  Another product to use is fat.  Most people have some fat they can spare and this can be transferred to the lips.  Fat is very fragile stuff, however, and some of it will probably break down and go away.  What remains is your own tissue so it should be permanent.  You can also insert sheets of material such as Alloderm into the lips.  I have used this previously but I am not a big fan.  It is expensive stuff and it tends to go away in about a year to a year and a half.  There are permanent lip implants that can be inserted into the lips as well.  The one I like is called PermaLip.  It is a very soft, pliable piece of silicone rubber that is readily accepted by your body.  The potential risk of this is that the implant could shift.  I usually use a stitch on each end to hold it in place.  If you aren't happy with it then it is easily removed.  Finally, there are surgical procedures that can be done to produce fuller lips.  Surgical procedures are the most invasive and you will probably need a slight touch-up (usually done in the office).  Do NOT let anyone inject free silicone into your lips.  It might look good initially but it follows the path of least resistance and can later produce a number of complications.  Once that happens, it is next to impossible to remove and it is permanent.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Procedures to enlarge lips

+1

On many patients I prefer Restylane to Juvederm in the lips, as the molecule size is a bit bigger and can work better for natural but full looking lips. I can't tell you why yours looks like it's not there, unless it's simply that not enough is being injected, or the injection technique is too deep. If you like the look at the beginning, then what you actually like is the filler plus the swelling, so if you want them to stay that full, you will need more than 1 mL injected at at time. If you really want a fuller top lip, then you need more injected, or you need to look to having an implant put in.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Procedures to enlarge lips

+1

In the United States, there are no permanent FDA-approved fillers that I would recommend for your lips.  You could try using Restylane instead of Juvederm to see if you get a better result.  As previously mentioned, you could also try a surgically placed implant for longer lasting results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bigger Natural Looking Lips

+1

If you are unsatisfied with fillers for the lips, you may want to consider a lip implant, which is permanent but reversible.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD