I Wanna Only Go for One Session of Laser Hair Removal?

I am a guy who wants to do lower arms but only one session , the machine being used is soprano xl. my question is how much long term results if any can i expect from only one visit?

Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. There are different wavelengths used for different skin types.  Soprano XL uses an 810nm wavelength.  Laser hair removal treatments require an average of 5-6 treatments depending on skin type, area, hair color and coarseness. One treatment targets only 10% of hair follicles,  that are in a very specific phase of hair growth. So each treatment will result in about 10-15% hair reduction. Obviously, your money will not be well spent doing an incomplete treatment that targets only 10% of hair follicles and would high recommend completing a package.  I would recommend getting a consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hair reduction removal

+1

unfortunately there is no "one time" procedure for hair reduction.

you will see a difference with the one treatment, regardless of the device used.

for best results, we recommend treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.

we usually recommend to patients to start with 6 treatments... in order to maximize the results. 

your dermatology office should be able to manage all your needs and expectations.

Kristen A. Richards, MD
La Jolla Dermatologist

Laser Hair Removal - 1 Session

+1

No device can ensure laser hair removal with one session.  The reason for this is that lasers only work on the hair when it is the anagen phase.  All of our hairs will be in different phases.  This is why your laser hair removal sessions will be spaced out differently depending on your appointment so that your laser can be in phase with hairs entering the anagen phase.  

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon