I Wanna Get a Breast Reduction?

I am a 5'0 Petite women with ddd/dd28 bra size i was think about a breast reduction but i dont wanna go to small like a B or A that would be to small for me i like my breast the way they are but there a pain lol they hurt my back and i cant breath sometimes and other issues i cant remember this moment so i wanna to know could i pick my size or would they stay at least a size C because i kinda skinny but i am also thick so i dont want to go small it wont look right to me i feel right

Breast Reduction And Breast Size Concerns?

+2

Based on your description of breast size and body type, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your plastic surgeon.  Most patients wish to achieve  enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Petite Breast Reduction

+2

When it comes to deciding on how much to remove for a breast reduction, you can look at it from two perspectives: medically necessary or cosmetic.  Each insurance company is unique and will have their own criteria in order for them to consider a breast reduction is medically necessay.  The amount removed usually goes by the 22nd percentile of the Schnur sliding scale.  This can be calculated by your height and weight and body surface area (BSA). Board-certified plastic surgeons sometimes have their hands tied when recommending a certain size for a breast reduction if it is to be considered medically necessary and covered surgery by insurance.

If you are considering a breast reduction more for cosmetic reasons (such as to fit in clothes better, etc.) and are willing to pay for it and not use your insurance, then a board-certified plastic surgeon and you can discuss what size you can be after the surgery.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1

Based on your description, you sound like a breast reduction candidate. Although a personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be necessary for a proper evaluation, reducing your breasts to a size C should be achievable. When pursuing cosmetic breast surgery, it is important to consider the patients height, body frame size, weight, breast size, and their surgical goals. An experienced plastic surgeon should be able to accomplish you breast reduction goals and leave you feeling comfortable with your appearance.

David Whiteman, MD

Ultimate Breast Reduction

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction.  This technique allows the patient to decide what size they want and the amount of breast tissue is removed to achieve that.  Breast pain is relieved by transferring the breast weight to the underlying muscle.  This is all done without vertical scars such as lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  Depending on what volume breasts you have, it is possible it can be done only through a circumareola incision or a circumareola incision plus an incision hidden in the inframammary fold.  This is the best alternative for you.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Breast Size for Your Body

+1

You should discuss your desired outcome with a board-certified plastic surgeon during an in-person consultation.  The amount of breast tissue removed depends both on your wishes and also your health insurance company.  Most insurance plans have a minimum amount of breast tissue that needs to be removed during a breast reduction in order to cover the procedure, although we do have great success getting breasts reductions covered especially if the size of your breasts are causing you other health problems, as you described.  I also recommend that you look into the short scar breast reduction technique, which tends to offer a shorter recovery time as well as minimal scarring.  Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Norman M. Rowe, MD