I Have Way Too Much Juvederm Under my Eyes and Want It Dissolved?

Hyalu

+1
Dermal Fillers that are made of hyaluronic acid can be dissolved with a substance called hyaluronidase. If you are unhappy with the filler under your eyes, hyaluronidase can be injected to break down the product and restore your natural appearance.

Too Much Juvederm?

+1

Thank you for your question. Fortunately, there's an enzyme called Hyaluronidase to dissolve unwanted hyaluronic acid fillers. However, if too much is removed, it can also dissolve your normal elastic structures.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Too Much Juvederm in Tear Troughs?

+1

If after two weeks the injector feels that there is too much product in the area, hyaluronidase may be injected to reduce Juvederm burden.

Too much Juvederm

+1

You should wait at least two weeks to see the full result of your Juvederm injections.  If you feel you have too much Juvederm, consult an experienced injector to discuss hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Dissolving juvederm

+1

Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid based fillers can be dissolved using hyaluronidase.  However, if the filler was just placed, you may have some swelling which may be creating a fuller appearance than the actual results.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Dissolving Juvederm

+1

If necessary, Juvederm can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. When did you have your initial treatment? You will want to wait 1-2 weeks before having the filler dissolved, as it is best to wait until the initial swelling has resolved. Thank you, and I hope this helps! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Tear troughs have delicate anatomy

+1

If swelling after tear trough injection is present 1-2 weeks after injection, then it probably won't resolve until the filler naturally resorbs (can take a year or longer) or until it is dissolved with hyaluronidase. There is a ligament in the tear trough area that is vulnerable to compression. If the filler presses on this ligament, it prevents normal fluid from being drained out of the eye. The end result is swelling. Luckily, it is not permanent, and either time or hyaluronidase will resolve the problem.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy with Juvederm and needing hyaluronidase

+1

First, make sure you wait a couple of weeks after your Juvederm injection before you consider dissolving any since sometimes there is just some bruising or water swelling which will resolve. If it is still persisting, have an experienced and highly trained injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon inject hyaluronidase into the treated area and you should have a nice and safe improvement (between 1-3 treatments may be needed).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Too much filler.

+1

It is hard to recommend treatment without seeing a photo. There is a delicate balance between too little fill, to overfilling the tear trough, or the hollow area at the eyelid cheek junction .Wait at least 2 weeks to a month, unless the problem is really unsightly. Hyaluronidase will quickly take care of dissolving the hyaluronic acid fillers. See an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist whose practice focuses on aesthetic surgery and who is dedicated to this. They may recommend that adding something in the malar area, for example, for balance, is a consideration. There is an aesthetic judgement which requires a sense of aesthetic balance as well as the experience to predict how the product works. It in more than injecting a filler. It is creating something that works harmoniously and has predictable results. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Hyaluronidase and fillers

+1

If you ahve too much Juvederm under the eyes, then I suggest you see a doctor that can dissolve it for you with hyaluronidase.