Rhinoplasty with Rib Bone but It Absorbed Too Much. What Can I Do Now?

I have a Asian nose,and I‘ve done rhinoplasty with a rib bone not cartilage. Unfortunately,it shrinks and absorbed too much. I can't afford to do another nose job use cartilage because the I have less time to recovery and out of work. Could i just do some restylane injection to heighten my nose bridge? or while it causes more damage ? Anything else I can do to revise my nose?

Rhinoplasty with Rib Bone

+2

I'm sorry you've had some absorption of the rib bone. If it has been 9-12 months since the original surgery, a revision would be best. If you cannot afford more surgery at this time, I suggest you have Radiesse injections to temporarily improve the appearance (the injection will last 12-18 months).

Rhinoplasty after rib graft.

+2

Revision rhinoplasty would be best. You can however use Radiesse for this which lasts for 2 years or more.

Augmentation Rhinoplasty Rib Cartilage Absorption; Now What?

+1

Hi,

If you are unable to have revision surgery, then the use of Radiesse can augment and even out your nose where the rib cartilage reabsorbed.  Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  The use of Silikon-1000 is a permanent option, but I would recommend having it done only by someone with a great deal of experience with its use, such as Dr. Eric Joseph, a contributor here on RealSelf.com.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Reabsorbed Rib Graft

+1

Hi,

For permanent result I would recommend using a custom carved silastic implant. You can try injectable fillers but I think you'll have to redo the fillers over time. Silicone 1000 injections can also be used but this would not be my first choice for bridge augmentation.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians to permanently increase the height of the bridge of your nose.

+1

If you can locate a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced with the proper application of liquid injectable silicone (Silikon-1000), you may consider this off-label application to permanently add height to the bridge of your nose. This is extremely rewarding for my patients and me, and is particularly well suited for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures. Several treatments (3 on average) is necessary for complete correction.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon