I Had an Upper and Lower Blephroplasty Done 3.5 Weeks Ago and Have Had Some Complications? (photo)

I had an infection that was treated with antiobitics 3 days post op and have medial webbing in the same eye. ( it does not look too bad but feels very tight when touching it. My doctor told me to massage toward the bone and when I did I felt a sharp almost ripping sensation. I think I tore something underneath the scar. Should I be worried or should I just continue massaging?

Concerns of Ripping with Massage after Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

If there is concern that something has been disrupted with massage, your plastic surgeon should examine you.

Blepharoplasty and webbing

+1

Webbing in one area of the blepharoplasty can be problematic. It is difficult to see in the photo but I suggest you follow closely with your surgeon.

+1

Yes continue massage efforts. But even after 4 months you should see an improvement of the area. 

Massaging after complication with blepharoplasty

+1

While it is not impossible to get an infection after blepharoplasty, it is not common.  Since your situation is unusual and your surgeon has the most knowledge in regards to your particular procedure, I would return to your surgeon to be examined to make sure that there is no issue with your healing and to have your question about massage answered.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon