I Have Uneven Eyes. Is There a Procedure to Fix This? (photo)

My right eye is higher than my left. Similar to Shannon Doherty's, though maybe not quite as pronounced. But it bothers me... In fact, the whole right side of my face seems (to me, at least) very disproportional to the left. I've heard that how your jaw develops over the years and sets in your skull may affect this. Whatever the answer, is there surgery to correct this, and how much would it cost? Included is a picture of Shannon's eyes, and mine, so you get the idea.

Uneven Eyes

+1

All people have facial asymmetries.  There is always a wide side to the face and a narrow side.  There is also a larger eye and a smaller eye.  These asymmetries are normal.  You do not seem to have any significant asymmetry that would warrant treatment.

Asymmetrical Face

+1

Everyone has an asymmetrical face.  You are not alone.  There have been studies done where one half of a face was duplicated and flipped to the other side and shown to people.  The results - a perfectly symmetrical face looks awkward, and is abnormal.  

As for your picture, it's pretty poor quality, and not directly face-on.  It also appears as if you may have more scleral show on the left.

I suggest you see a local plastic surgeon so that they can examine you and provide you with reasonable options. You may not have a problem at all.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Uneven eyes.

+1

Many people have slightly uneven eyes like yours and no one ever notices this except the person who has them. Your eyes are pretty --leave them alone!