I Just Had Ulthera Done on the Lower Half of my Face Starting from Under my Cheekbones. I Know I Am Swollen a Little?

I am worried that my jaw area will plump so my cheekbones will not be as prominent as they were before. Does skin tightening also mean plumper in 3 months time?

Swelling after Ultherapy - Los Angeles Ulthera

+1

Minor swelling will subside after Ultherapy and collagen formation and stimulation will begin to form for a period of about 90 days after treatment. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/9/ulthera.aspx

Ultherapy lifts not plumps

+1

There may be lifting of the sagging skin and fat into the prior position plumping up the hollowness of some patients' cheeks but it is not from the significant new collagen growth. The new collagen helps tighten and lift, not fill out depressions. Swelling in the lower face will go away usually quickly, in a few days at the latest.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ultherapy and swelling

+1

Ultherapy does cause swelling.  This is short live and should resolve within a day.  Ultherapy will lift and tighten but will not plump up the tissue.  Your cheek bone region should remain the same.  The overall result will be seen in two to three months.

Web reference: Http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com

Swollen after Ulthera

+1

You are likely swollen from the procedure.  Generally, we see lifting of the cheeks rather than plumping.  This is what I would expect would happen.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera and Swelling

+1

Hi Margie,

It is very common to experience some degree of swelling after a procedure such as Ulthera.  This should resolve within a few days but in rare cases it may last more than a week.  If you had the procedure done within the past 48 hours, you can consider applying ice or cool packs to the area to help reduce the swelling.  You may start seeing the tightening in 8 to 12 weeks although sometimes we see the improvement sooner.  Good Luck!  

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/cosmetic/ultherapy.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Fullness after Ultherapy

+1

No, I have done 120 or so Ultherapy cases and I see tightening, but not increased fullness.  I don't think that you need to be worried about this.  

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling immediately after Ultherapy

+1

What you are seeing is likely just swelling that occurs immediately after the Ultherapy.  Though the procedure stimulates collagen, it is not volumizing, and therefore, should not result in a plumper jaw.

Ulthera

+1

the fullness you see is swelling related the the ulthera procedure. this will resolve. the ultherapy treatment tightens the skin, so your cheeks should look fuller as the area below them is tighter

Newton Plastic Surgeon