I Two Weeks Post Op from my Tt. my Mons is So High, my Incision is So High Even for Granny Panties?

I am two weeks post op from my tt. My mons area is so high I am worried it will stay like that. PS said there is no fluid because It's not hard. My incision is so high on my right side , but the left side has a dog ear. The middle part of the incision looks horrible, I am applying an antibiotic with silver so it can heal. I feel miserable , I should've appreciated my body before now I look at it and can't help to burst into tears..

Two Weeks Post Op

+2

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry for your distress. If possible , attaching a photo would make it possible to  give some more specific answers to the issues you present.

When saying that the mons is high, I am not sure whether you mean that it protrudes away from the abdomen, or if it is elevated, as it toward your chest.

With your surgeon's noting absence of fluid, I would assume it is protruding, and that therefore it is quite likely that this is swelling that likely will resolve. If on the other hand it is to high, toward the chest, it is not likely to change without an intervention. 

I also assume that there is an opening in the center of the incision that is being treated. Once this is resolved, chances are that the scar will look like the rest of the incision, though it may trail by several months. 

Dog ears are common. Many resolve as the scars remodel, others require a mild touch up.

Without a photo, it is hard to comment upon asymmetry of the scar.

At any rate, continue follow up with your surgeon. This is often the toughest post-op period even when all seems to be going well.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Hang in there

+2

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you are having a hard time with your recovery both physically and psychologically.  What is done is done, so now the healing process must be allowed to occur.  Once everything is healed you will be able to assess what you like and what you dont like.  Revision of the tummy tuck by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon can help in the future should you need it.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Don't be miserable!

+2

Don't be miserable because two weeks after surgery is way too early to evaluate your results.  All of the issues you are describing are easily fixable but first you must be patient and allow yourself time to heal, the swelling to subside and the tissues to stretch.  Even if you need a revision after approximately six months have passed it won't be as big a deal as the original surgery.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Unhappy with TT results

+2

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy. You obviously need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Unfortunately, these types of things tend not to get better over time. You need to accept that a revision may be in your future. You may or may not want to have your original surgeon do this when the time comes.  

Matthew Schulman, MD

Concerns after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing after tummy tuck surgery. Although it may be difficult to believe, it is very likely that you will find the aesthetic appearance of your abdomen will improve over the course of the next several months.

At this point, there is not much to do but allow for additional time to pass before evaluating the end results of surgery. This evaluation is best made 6 months and even up to one year after surgery.

Assuming you are “working with” a board-certified plastic surgeon, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with him/her. Express your concerns in a calm and constructive fashion.

You should also have peace of mind that often revisionary surgery ( if necessary) can be very helpful in proving outcomes after tummy tuck surgery.