I Have Had a Tummy Tuck. When Can I Do Spinning Exercises?

I had a tummy tuck about 2 months ago.

+1

By six weeks, the repaired skin and muscle has reached 90% of the strength that it will attain, and at that time most of us permit full return to activities. Do check with your own surgeon who can advise about any variances in your particular situation.\

Thanks, best wishes.  

Timing of Exercise After Abdominoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question. At 8 weeks post-op most patients can return to full, unrestricted activity. Having said that you must remember the exercise tolerance of your muscles have been decreased. Do not expect to pick up where you left off.

I typically recommend for patients to work themselves back into a routine by beginning at a low level of activity and increasing their intensity depending on the body's response to that level. Your body will let you know if you are over doing it, so listen.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Exercise after tummy tuck

+1

Congratulations on your tummy tuck. At 2 months, you should be able to resume full activities after a tummy tuck. Your muscles will be a bit deconditioned following the recovery, so don't expect to immediately resume your previous workout regimen. Rather work up to it gradually. 

I suggest to patients that they let their body be its best guide. If it is overly sore, then do a bit less. Over time, your belly will feel better and your exercise tolerance will increase.

Enjoy your newly flat abdomen.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after abdominoplasty

+1

If you have not had any setbacks with your healing, you should be able to do your spinning exercises now. I have my patients return to full activity 6 weeks after surgery. You still might have some tightness and soreness, but the integrity of the surgery should be fine. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon