I Need Tummy Tuck Revision?

I had full tummy tuck march 2011 and 3 weeks out I had a bad infection right in the middle of my scar my ps reopened it and cleaned it up then i had to heal with it open. Now i have a big dent and there is a big seperation between my pubic and scar. I also have dog ears and my hips look huge. I had no lipo. When i sit down my skin is still loose and it goes over my scar. Would lipo to my pubic area and hips and scar revision fix this issue? Could it all be done in his office in his OR room? Thanks

Tummy Tuck Revision

+2

An exam would be necessary to be specific, however sometimes revisions are necessary especially when you experience a complication.  The scar can be excised and tissue can be removed to help get rid of some of the extra skin you describe.  Liposuction or direct removal of fat would also be helpful to address the dog ears and pubic area.  Usually when this type of revision is necessary, it is my preference to perform the surgery under anesthesia in an accredited facility.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Need a Tummy Tuck Revision

+2

I don't understand why you didn't have any liposuction with your initial tummy tuck...even the most conservative, old-fashioned Plastic Surgeons still do some liposuction laterally in the flank areas!  You would get the best result by essentially "redoing" the tummy tuck by liposuctioning the entire abdomen and flanks and then re-elevating the abdominal wall flap at least up to the level of the belly button and then pulling down and excising all of the excess skin.  The pubic area will also look better by doing some liposuction there and then pulling the area up to meet the abdominal skin.  This surgery can be performed in any accredited Operating Facility.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Skin only abdominoplasty revision

+1

If your skin is overlapping when you sit you would be a candidate for a revision of the lower skin segment.  I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op after the surgery before considering a revision. 

Indentation and poor scar after abdominoplasty tummy tuck

+1

I would suggest liposuction to even out the area and then a small surgical revision to contour the scar. Both will likely require surgery and anesthesia. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

I Need Tummy Tuck Revision?

+1

If his office OR is compatible with sedation or general anesthesia, that is reasonable. 

When you sit, the abdomen will always buckle some, as the distance between the chest and pelvis decreases and the skin is not infinitely elastic. 

Most likely you would benefit from excising the entire scar and lifting the abdominal skin from the incision up to the navel, and down to the pubic hairline in order to even out the indentation from the infection and its consequences. Adding liposuction to the flanks would improve the overall outcome.

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

Liposuction of the flanks or any other part along with tummy tuck scar revision would be more comfortable in an OR under general anesthesia.  Kenneth Hughes, MD tummy tuck revision Los Angeles, CA

Major Tummy Tuck Revisions Best done under anesthesia

+1

Although your surgeon probably tried his/her best I agree that you would benefit from a revision tummy tuck procedure. From your photos I think it would be far more comfortable for you and allow your surgeon to do a better job under anesthesia.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Revision after a tummy tuck

+1

Unfortunately complications do happen despite our best efforts. I am sure your physician has a great plan in mind to help you achieve your goals. On occasion, when revisions are minor, we can do revisions in the office. It sounds like you may need more extensive work and require a trip to the operating room. 

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision after Complication?

+1

I am sorry to hear about  the complication you experienced after tummy tuck surgery.

Yes, based on your pictures, I think you will benefit from tummy tuck revisionary surgery. Direct skin excision as well as liposuctioning  will improve the aesthetic results. In my practice, surgery to the extent necessary would be performed under anesthesia in the upper room.

Revisions after tummy tucks...

+1

can be either simple like removal of dog ears or major like a re-do.  You must remember that your tummy can only be tightened so its 'flatter' when you stand and that anyone who sits has folds in their tummy as you show.  If you tissue is rather thick on pinching, you could consider liposuction and a scar revision (cleaning up the scar from the infection) or even excision of whatever lax skin is remaining but this would require an OR.  It really comes down to how good do you have to have it and this is something you should be comfortable talking to your surgeon about.

Curtis Wong, MD