I Had Tummy Tuck 7 Days Ago and I Was Using my Lap Top in Bed for an Hour?

I'm worried because after an hour of using lap top I realized it was rested on my abdomen not on my thighs. I don't feel pain, but now I'm stressing. Could I have damaged my results? The only thing I do notice is there is more fluid in my drainage than usual.

Laptop on Tummy after Tummy Tuck

+2

I think that a 3 lb laptop on your tummy for one hour after tummy tuck has an extremely low risk of causing any harm. 

Laptop and tummy tuck

+1

Resting a lap top on your legs after a tummy tuck will doubtfully cause any problems. I would not sweat that one!

Laptop after tummy tuck

+1

Congrats on your tummy tuck. I think that it would be highly unlikely that your laptop could affect your long term results. The weight of the laptop and the short amount of time should not affect how your belly ultimately looks. 

If you are concerned about how anything looks, you should immediately contact your plastic surgeon. Otherwise, try to relax and allow your recovery to proceed.

Best of luck with your remaining recovery.

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Laptop Unlikely to Affect Results

+1

Thank you for your question.  Fortunately, one hour of laptop use is unlikely to have harmed your results. The increased fluid drainage is likely coincidental.  As long as everything looks normal you should be fine. Consult your surgeon if you have questions or concerns.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Injury after TT?

+1

Unless you can see changes in the skin it is very unlikely that any damage could have been done. A burn from the heat of the laptop on a numb abdomen would be the greatest risk, but you would see changes in the skin.

Thank you for your question, all the best. 

Laptop on the Tummy Tuck

+1

The small amount of weight the laptop has is fairly well distributed over a large area so the chance of causing any damage is minimal.  If you saw any persistent color changes (blue, purple, or black), I would contact your plastic surgeon for him/her to evaluate it.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Pressure on tummy tuck incision

+1

I think you are fine in this case.  The weight of your laptop for one hour should not have any effect on your tummy tuck healing. 

Lap Top Computer on Abdomen After Tummy Tuck

+1

While it is best to avoid any pressure or heat on your abdomen after a tummy tuck. 1 hour of a lap top is unlikely to cause a problem. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

If the skin color is unchanged, then it is unlikely any damage was done. If you put enough pressure on the skin to cause a problem, then you would see some type of color change.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.