I Had a Tummy Tuck 7 month Ago, Found I Am Pregnant of 4-5 Weeks, is This Situation Safe?

There should be no repercussions for either you or the baby

+2

Thank you for the question.  The good news is that your pregnancy will not be affected by your tummy tuck.  The bad news is that your tummy tuck result will be impacted by your pregnancy.

Dr Remus Repta 

Pregnant 7 months after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on the pregnancy. Your previous tummy tuck should not affect your pregnancy. Your belly should stretch normally to accommodate the pregnancy. However, the pregnancy may stretch out your newly tightened belly and creates some looseness of the skin and muscle.

Best of luck with the pregnancy.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck 7 month Ago, Found I Am Pregnant

+1

There should be no hazard to the pregnancy. The capacity of the abdominal wall to stretch will not have been compromised by your surgery.

How much recovery of skin elasticity in the abdomen you will have after the delivery is difficult to predict. If you are fortunate, you may end up at your pre-pregnancy and 6 month post-op appearance. If not, you may find yourself wanting to revisit your plastic surgeons.

Best wishes, and thank you for your question. 

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck

+1

Pregnancy after a tummy tuck does happen and is safe. The main issue is that the results of the tummy tuck may be altered.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck Is Safe

+1

There should be no safety concerns with your pregnancy directly related to your tummy tuck seven mouths ago.  It is likely that the pregnancy will reverse at least some of the benefits that you received from the tummy tuck, however.

John Whitt, MD