I Have Had a Tummy Tuck 7 Weeks Ago and Ony Seen the Surgeon Once Is This the Normal After a Huge Op?

Post op appointments

+1

Each office will have a different protocol for post operative visits.  The important thing is that you are receiving the care you feel you need.  If you have been having your questions and concerns adequately answered by other staff members, then there seems to be no cause for concern.  If you are uncomfortable with not seeing your surgeon you should speak to the office and request an appointment with him or her.  Good luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Post op visits after tummy tuck

+1

Every physician has his or her own protocol for managing post operative visits. Each visit should serve a purpose. Did you have any drains that needs removal? Any issues related to the surgical incision? Did you see the staff or nurse during your other visits? As long as your recovery is smooth and uneventful and all of your questions and concerns are addressed then I am not sure additional office visits is absolutely necessary. I have my own set of post operative office visit regimen for my tummy tuck patients that are quite different than your physician. As long as they work for each practice, no one regimen is more right or wrong than the other.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Post op visits after Tummy Tuck

+1

I agree that every office has its own routine and each patient is different and may require more frequent visits and sometimes fewer visits.  You say you only saw the surgeon once but it sounds like you may have seen a nurse or someone else in the office who might have provided you with post op visits.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asks about frequency of post-op visits

+1

Each office has a routine, and they vary. Commonly, a patient is seen at 5-7 days for drain removal, and again at 1 or 2 months after surgery, then at six months. Obviously, any questions or problems would increase the frequency of visits. 

If you have questions or problems, a call to your surgeon is appropriate. Best wishes.