I Had a Tummy 8years Ago?

since my tummy tuck. i gave birth to another child 2years ago. i was wondering will i be able to achieve a flat abdomen with just exercise? my stomach is very small with a very small area of fat due to my c-section..

Can An Abdomen Be Recovered after Pregnancy?

+1

If there is not diastasis of the muscle or loose skin,  the area of fat can be removed with exercise.

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

+1

Congrats on the new addition. Only time and exercise will tell you if you can get your tummy flat without surgery. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

+1

Pregnancy 8 years after a tummy tuck is always taking a chance.  Still, it will be hard to know how things will sort themselves out until you give yourself a chance to achieve your prepregnancy weight and get back into exercise.  Best luck.

Tummy Tuck after Pregnancy

+1

Its best to re-establish an ideal body weight following pregnancy prior to contemplating another tummy tuck. Once at your goal weight; you will determine if additional skin tightening is needed. I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination. During your consult, discuss if your muscles and skin need to be re-tightened. If only skin needs tightening clarify the differences between what your surgeon defines as a mini-abdominoplasty versus full abdominoplasty.

Jason S. Cooper, MD

Flat abdomen with just exercise?

+1

Hard to answer without a photo. There is nothing to lose by trying, and then seeking consultation if that fails to accomplish your goals. 

If the skin is lax, there is little chance of improvement. If the muscles are apart, surgery is more likely to be needed. 

A visit to your surgeon and an exam will give you a more useful response than any you will get online.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1
Thank you for your question. As you know, a pregnancy does affect the results of a prior tummy tuck. The skin can become stretched out again and the muscle can again become separated. These changes can recur despite the correction with your previous tummy tuck. Whether or not this can be improved with diet and exercise at this point depends upon your exam. If you have a diastasis, or separation of the rectus muscles, as the cause of your belly, then surgery will be needed to coerrect this. If however, the muscles are not separated, and there is only a loss of tome, then diet and exercise may improve this. I would suggest giving a trial of core strengthening and diet. If you are unable to get the desired degree of improvement, then I would see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options. Best of luck with your belly. Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck results after pregnancy.

+1

You may have a recurrent diastasis recti, which can be addressed surgically.  You may also have fat that is making up part of the contour irregularity.  this can be helped by exercise.  Where your soft tissue meets the scar may be able to be helped by diet & exercise, or possibly surgery.  Best to see your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and together you will make a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Tummy Tuck after Childbirth

+1

For the best result, you have a Tummy Tuck after you have all your children.  To answer this question, I recommend an examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine your needs.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD